Tuesday 6 December 2011

The Turner Prize 2011


 And the winner is ..... wait for it ..... gasp ....



 Martin Boyce's installation Do Words Have Voices is displayed at the Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art in Gateshead.




Well yes folks, this is it, the winner of the Turner prize for 2011 and, as usual I find myself gasping with horror that an award for artistic endeavour, with the association to the great artist Turner (find that in itself somewhat obscene), brings us such a heap load of ...... sss ...... ssshhh ...... shambolic rubbish!!!! Yes it was tempting to say something else there!!!

Also up for contention was this little number, stunning isn't it


Shut Up by George Shaw



I am at a loss, I'm obviously missing something, but I really cannot appreciate this as art any more than I could Tracy Emin's unmade bed or Damien Hurst's pickled cows .... words fail me ..... 


No comments:

Post a Comment