Wednesday 14 December 2011

The Three Tenors? ........ no, but heyyyyy .....

...... a tenor, a baritone and a mezzo-soprano make up the trio of my three very favourite opera singers. I am grouping them together here in a quick blog to just highlight my favourites for now but I will be back to do individual posts for each to describe what it is exactly has made them such favourites for me and detailing the productions/roles I have seen them in. OK, there are probably no real surprises here as each of them, to my way of thinking, it the ultimate and currently hottest number in their singing category



Dmitri Hvorostovsky here is where I start to swoon, almost uncontrollably, and that's before he starts singing - when he sings it is a truly mesmerising experience, he has the most incredible voice and once he assumes an opera role it is his, no one can match him, he is right there in the character - I have dubbed him the sexiest man on the planet!!!


Siberian baritone Dmitri Hvorostovsky



Joyce DiDonato - mezzo-soprano, the Yankeediva is simply the lovliest lady in the world of opera, an awesome voice and a true perfectionist in her art, just as the other two of my favourites are and she is divine whether taking on a trouser (male) role or dressed up to the nines as in Cendrillon (Cinderella) and off to the ball


Yankeediva, mezzo-soprano Joyce DiDonato


Jonas Kaufmann - German tenor, must confess he did not hit me in the eye straight away as did Dmitri but having seen him now in three starring roles I cannot help myself but to be in love with him, the way he so sensitively plays his love scenes would knock any girls socks off - I now refer to the "Jonas Effect" whereby I believe that his leading ladies sing outside of themselves in an effort to match his performance and impress that gorgeous guy singing at them so beautifully



German tenor, Jonas Kaufmann



Now, what opera production could they possibly star in together I wonder ...... suggestions welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment