Monday 11 June 2012

BBC Young Musician of The Year 2012 Winner

Laura van der Heijden


A huge oversight on my part must now be rectified if only in a small way before the opportunity slips away completely .... it was only last month wasn't it.

Am hugely indebted to the winner of this competition, Laura van der Heijden, who was a well-deserved winner. I am no musician, nor am I hugely knowledgable on the subject of classical music but simply someone who is in the very early stages of gaining an appreciation for this music form having listened to rock and pop all of my life. It is thanks to Laura and her passion for the piece she performed, Walton's Cello Concerto that has brought this lovely piece of music to my notice and I have to add that I simply adored watching her performance, she was beautifully poised and to me it sounded wonderful, though of course I am in no way qualified to comment on her technical ability although I am sure she now has an amazing career ahead of her.

Laura playing Walton's Cello Concerto in the final. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment