Sunday 20 November 2011

The Hours





I wanted to see this film when it first appeared in the cinema aaaaaaages ago. I have now, at last, managed to watch it on TV!

The association with Virginia Woolf/Mrs Dalloway caught my attention, of course, being more than a little interested in the life of Virginia Woolf (and The Bloomsbury set) and her writing (which I confess I sometimes find makes for difficult reading, maybe that's just me though), plus that fact the she spent time in Sussex and it was here that she finally, successfully did away with herself fearing another onset of depression that she felt she could not endure, nor inflict it on her husband Leonard.




Why, oh why has it taken me so long to get to this, it is an absolutely incredible film and Nicole Kidman is just awesome in her portrayal of Virginia Woolf and I loved Meryl Streep and Julianne Moore also, brilliant acting all round, have to add Nicole was heart-stoppingly good as Virginia. Feel I now, soon, have to make a better attempt with Mrs Dalloway.






No comments:

Post a Comment