Wednesday 26 October 2011

Start blogging! Ha! Where to start, I've never blogged before.

First need to decide whether to set up separate blogs for my separate passions or go random in one blog ..... could be messy, but I guess that would be more like what goes on in my head, lol ......

this evening I have really enjoyed listening to radio broadcast via internet of Rossini's Donna del Lago live from La Scala, Milan, starring the gorgeous Joyce DiDonato (adore Joyce she is a wonderful singer, actress and amazing person) and the spectacular Juan Diego Florez, what an amazing treat that was.

Joyce DiDonato sings Tanti affetti from Donna del Lago




 

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I have seen Joyce in Barbiere, (not live, unfortunately,) but nothing else yet. I will definitely have to look for more of her work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore Joyce, she is an amazing singer and lovely person as well, a real pro and the lovliest lady in the opera world IMO! First saw her in Met Live HD with Diana Damrau and Juan Diego Florez in Le Comte Ory, all three put in stunning performances, I just loved it! Follow Joyce as much as I do Dmitri I guess they are my two faves, saw her live for first time in Cendrillon at ROH a few months back, just couldn't miss it, she put in an incredible performance even though she had been suffering with a cold. Understand she had been unwell for La Scala performance but listening to the radio broadcast you would never have known she sounded amazing.

    ReplyDelete